Hi, I hope you are well and doing well. In January 2020 Google announced some major changes affecting Google rankings and many bloggers faced a bug in the Google search console. If you have a blog/blogspot website and you get a message in the Google Search Console admin panel about a breadcrumbs issue, Take some time to read this article.
Today we will discuss the breadcrumb issue. This error affects our website and google rank very much. If our website theme is outdated or probably not developed according to the new policy of Google Console, this error is due to this organization on our website. If you want to fix this error, please read the article at the end. If you are a beginner, you need to know about the blog with new techniques first.
A few days earlier in 01/31/2020, I received an email from Google Search Console about some Breadcrumbs issues. I opened my Google Search Console page and came up with this error message as shown in the image below. The google search console error is data-vocabulary.org schema deprecated.
What is this error?
April 6, 2020, Google has announced that it will no longer support the DataVocabulary.org schema. What are these databases and schemas? Okay, you need to know this to solve the problem. You can easily solve this problem as shown in this article. If you still want to know about this, you can Google it.
Blogger Template: How To Solve Breadcrumb Problems:
For BlogSpot users, It is very easy to solve this search console error issue. We need to replace just a few words in our template. To do this:
1. Login to your Blogger dashboard or admin panel
2. Select the website for which you are getting the warning.
3. Click on the “Theme” option from the left hand side menu.
4. Click on the “Edit HTML” option next to customize.
5. Click inside the HTML Code
6. Press CTRL+F from your keyboard (Which will open search bar)
7. Type/Past “data-vocabulary” in the search bar and hit Enter. Now you can see the data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumbs or data-vocabulary.org/# term
(We just need to replace this item with schema.org/Breadcrumbs or schema.org/#)
8. all you need to do is just carefully replace the ‘http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumbs‘ or ‘http://data-vocabulary.org/#’ by the following : ‘http://schema.org/Breadcrumbs‘ as shown in image below-
9. That is it! Just Click on the “Save Theme” option and you are done with the blogger template.
10. Now, login to your Google Search Console dashboard and click on the notification then click “Fix Breadcrumbs Issue“
11. Now just click on the “Validate Fix” button. It will start a validation and you will get a message that validation started.
12. You will get an email that google is validating your fix.
13. Once google validate your fix you will get a success mail to your gmail shown in image below:
Although, this error is not too big. But it also affects the SEO-Search engine optimization process and your website. What’s better is better, right!!!
Note: 1. When you public an article make sure added “Labels Tag”
2. If you have big article, in article you need to use “Line break”
That is all! Your issue is solved. For any help or suggestions please feel free to contact us.